These oatmeal cookies are soft, chewy on the inside with crispiness on the edges. The cookie dough comes together in under 5 minutes. You can also customize these cookies by adding some of your favorites nuts or dried fruits.
Nothing is better than a taste of fresh baked cookies. These cookies may seem simple but they are super addictive especially with a cup of tea.
These easy oatmeal cookies use basic ingredients that you probably have at your home.
- Oatmeal: you can use quick oats or old fashioned
- All- Purpose Flour: you can also use whole wheat flour or gluten-free baking flour
- Baking Powder: you can use soda instead
- White Sugar: to keep the cookies sweet and chewy you can substitute white sugar with brown sugar
- Salt: I recommend adding it to balance out all the flavors
- Vanilla: use it for extra flavor
- Softened Butter: I use unsalted butter in this recipe but If you have only salted butter on hand, then just skip adding salt to your dough.
- Honey: you can also use any other syrup such as maple or agave syrup
How To Make Oatmeal Cookies
Step 1 : Making The Cookie Dough
To make the cookie dough, start by whisking together flour, oats, baking powder, sugar and salt. Then add soft butter, honey and vanilla extract and mix until a dough forms. At this moment you can also add some nuts or driend fruits If you like and just mix until combined.
Step 2 : Shape The Cookies And Bake
Using hands, form the dough into balls and place them on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Leave enougch space between each ball. Then, gently press down each ball of cookie dough. Bake in preheated oven at 180 ° C / 356 ° F until golden brown edges.
- Store cookies in an airtight container up for 3 days
- You may prepare cookie dough, cover it up and store in the fridge up to 3 days. Take it out of the fridge about 20 minutes before baking.
- Baked cookies you may store in an airtingt freezer bag up to 2 months
- Double this recpe If you want to prepare more cookies
PS: If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram as @myfoodaycom and use the #myfooday hashtag. It makes me so happy to see you preparing my recipes!
Check My Other Recipes
- No Bake Raffaello Cake
- No Bake Salami Cookies
- White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Watermelon Cake
- Puff Pastry Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish
- no equipment required
- 85 g oatmeal
- 30 g all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 40 g sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 g soft butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 20 g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C / 356 ° F. Line baking sheet with parchent paper.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together oatmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and pinch of salt. Add soft butter, honey and vanilla extraxt. Mixt until dough forms.
- Fold in dark chocolate and mix just until combined.
- Form the dought into balls and place them on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Leave enough space between each ball.
- Gently press down each ball of cookie dough. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown edges.