This homemade, healthy & gluten free twix bars are made of a shortbread almond flour biscuit, peanut butter caramel, dipped in dark chocolate. Save this recipe for later in case you crave twix candy bar.
I love abosolutely everything about this easy twix bars recipe. The first layer is a combination of alomnd flour, coconut oil and honey. To Make it crunchy you will need to bake it for about 8 minutes. However it’s not a must! You can skip this step and just form it evenly in the baking pan. This way, it will come out soft and chewy. Could that be any better?
How To Store Healthy Twix Bars
You can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for about one week or in the freezer up to one month.
- Almond Flour. To prepare first layer you may use a combination of almond flour and coconut flour.
- Coconut Oil. Only for the first layer you can substitute it with melted butter.
- Honey. You may substitute it with maple syrup.
- Peanut Butter.you can use any other nut butter. Make sure to use the one with no added sugar and no added oil.
- Dark Chocolate. You may substitute it with milk chocolate.
PS: If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram as @myfoodaycom and use the #myfooday hashtag. It makes me so happy to see you preparing my recipes!
Check My Other Recipes
- No Bake Raffaello Cake
- Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- Gluten Free Almond Cookies
- Watermelon Cake
- Baba Yaga’s Hut Cake
Healthy Gluten Free Twix Bars
Almond Shortbread Layer
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
Peanut Butter Caramel Layer
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 80 g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C. Line 20cm x 20 cm baking pan wth parchment peper.
- In a large bowl mix together the almond flour, melted coconut oil and honey and pinch of salt. Pres the mixture into the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes until sides are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool. If you want no bake bars just skip this step.
- In a saucepan combine all the ingredients for caramel layer. Bring to a boil over meadium heat. Cook for about one minute, whisking together. Remove from burner.
- Pour over cooled crust and place in the fridge to harden for30 minutes.
- Melt dark chocolate over boiling water or in the microwave. Pour melted coconut oil and stir to combine. Pour over caramel layer then refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Cut into 16 bars. Store in airtight container in the fridge or freezer.