Apple custard tart is a perfect dessert to keep you cozy on cold autumn days. It has buttery crispy crust, rich and creamy vanilla flavored filling and juicy apples on the top.
How To Make Shortbread Crust
Cold butter cut into tubes. Flour, sugar and butter place on a work surface. Using knife chop butter and flour together until you get tiny pieces of butter. Add in egg yolk, knead the dough until well combined. Try to be quick and fast. Hands are warm and you should not knead dough for too long because it doesn’t like warm temperature. Shape the dough into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes up to 2 days.
PS: If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram as @myfoodaycom and use the #myfooday hashtag. It makes me so happy to see you preparing my recipes!
Check My Other Recipes
Apple Custard Tart
- no equipment required
- 300 g plain flour
- 100 g caster sugar
- 200 g cold butter
- egg yolk
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 250 ml milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste
- 8 egg yolks
- 100 g sugar
- 3 apples
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Butter cut into tubes. Flour, sugar and butter place on a work surface. Using knife chop butter and flour together until you get tiny pieces of butter. Add in egg yolk, knead the dough until well combined.
- Shape the dough into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the fridge, place on well floured surface. Sprinkle with flour and roll it out.
- Transfer the dough into 27 cm tart pan, press it evenly all over the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Prick all over using fork. Refrigerate one hour.
- Line the case with baking paper and fill with baking beans. Bake in preheated oven at 170° C for 15 minutes.
- Pour whipping cream and milk into sauce pan. Heat up on a low heat. Add in vanilla paste and stir to combine. Take off the heat, then cool about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl beat together egg yolks with sugar. Gently pour in mil mixture then stir until well combined. Pour into tart and bake in preheated oven over 160°C for 35-40 minutes.
- Quarter the apples and slice finely using knife. Transfer to a bowl then pour in lemon juice and sprinkle with sugar. Stir to combine.
- Take tart out of the oven and cool slightly. Arrange each slice of the apple on the top of the tart. Return to the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes over 170°C. Sprinkle with caster sugar.