Spring time is perfect to prepare these rhubarb cake with orange. Bake this cake with fresh rhubarb and enjoy it with some cup of tea!
Rhubarb is a vegetable but it is often used at the same culinary as fruits. You can find it in stores, usually in early spring. It has red and green shades of color, topped with green colored leaf and it can be even 3 m long!
All the winter months, i have been waiting for rhubarb to appear in stores. The taste of it reminds me that summer is just around the corner. I love orange cake, so i thought it would be a good combination with rhubarb. So here is my first rhubarb cake in this spring! Fluffy, moist and full of orange flavor cake, topped with rhubarb and almond flakes. Perfect combination!
How To Make Rhubarb Cake With Orange
This recipe is so simple, it will take you just few minutes to make everything done. First, you have sift together flour and baking powder then set it aside. Next, you have to cream together butter with sugar for couple of minutes until you reach fluffy and white consistency. After that, whisk in eggs, one at a time. Beat until creamy. Then, you have to fold in orange zest and 1\3 of the flour mixture and 1\3 of or orange juice. Using spatula stir to combine. Repeat with the rest of the flour mixture and orange juice. After that, you have to pour batter into spring form , slender rhubarb and cut it into 3-4 cm pieces. Spread rhubarb evenly over the top of the batter. Then just sprinkle it with a bit of sugar and bake!
PS: If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram as @myfoodaycom and use the #myfooday hashtag. It makes me so happy to see you preparing my recipes!
Check Out My Other Fruit Recipes
- Pear Galette
- Healthy, No Bake Chocolate Cherry Cake
- Banana Bread
- Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
- Strawberry Tiramisu
Rhubarb Cake With Orange
- no equipment required
- 300 g flour
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- 250 g soft butter
- 160 g sugar + 1 tbsp
- 4 eggs
- whole orange juice + zest
- 145 g rhubarb
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another big bowl cream together soft butter with sugar for about 5 minutes until pale and fluffy. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly between each until creamy.
- Fold in orange zest, stir to combine. Gently fold in about 1/3 flour mixture and 1/3 orange juice. Using spatula stir to combine. Repeat with the rest of the flour mixture and orange juice.
- Grease 20 cm baking pan. Sprinkle with flour.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan. Slender rhubarb, cut into 3-4 cm pieces. Spread rhubarb evenly over the top of the batter.
- Sprinkle over 1 tablespoon of the extra sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven 60 – 70 minutes, until golden with a firm center. If it is browning too much, cover it loosely with foil halfway baking time.
- Remove the cake from the oven, let sit for about 20 minutes. Transfer onto a cooling rock.