Delicious, moist chocolate mud cake with light and creamy dark chocolate mousse, topped with melted dark chocolate.
As you may noticed, i’m a huge fan of rich and creamy chocolate desserts. This chocolate mousse cake is one of the best chocolate cakes that i have ever made. It has intense chocolate flavor and the texture is just perfect. It will melt in your mouth.
How To Assemble Chocolate Mousse Cake
Firstly, make sure that baked cake is cooled completely. Do not remove baking paper from sides. Mousse layer will look smoother after removing it when the cake is ready. Each layer should firm up for a couple of minutes before adding the next layer. Be sure to spread evenly mousse layer on cooled cake. After that, refrigerate it for at least 20 minutes. Meanwhile, melt all the ingredients for the last layer. Cool completely before pouring onto mousse layer. Once you assemble the cake, cool for at least 3 hours.
PS: If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram as @myfoodaycom and use the #myfooday hashtag. It makes me so happy to see you preparing my recipes!
Check My Other Chocolate Recipes:
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Black Bean Brownies
- Bunt Cake
- Condensed Milk Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Ombre Cake
Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Baking pan
- Heat resistant bowl
- 100 g butter
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 80 g flour
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 50 ml milk
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 125 g dark chocolate 85 %
- 300 ml whipping cream 30 %
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 70 g dark chocolate 85 %
- 20 g butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Firstly, line sides and bottom of 20 cm baking pan with baking paper. Set aside until needed. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Place butter and dark chocolate in a small heat resistant bowl. Melt over pot with simmering water or in the microwave. After that, set aside and cool completely.
- Flour and cocoa sift through sieve, stir to combine. Then set aside until needed.
- In another big bowl place eggs. Add in sugar and milk. Stir until well combined. After that, add in cooled melted chocolate. Then in two addictions fold in flour mixture, stirring well after each
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Take it out from the oven. Using clean kitchen towel, press the top down to make it flat. Cool Completely. Do not remove it form baking pan.
- Once chocolate mud cake is cooled, start making mousse layer. Firstly, melt dark chocolate with 50 ml whipping cream, over pot with simmering water or in the microwave. Stir until combined, then set aside.
- The rest of the whipping cream beat until stiff peaks. Add in caster sugar and whipping stiff. Beat just until combined.
- Fold the cream into melted chocolate. Stir gently to keep the mousse light and fluffy.
- Spread evenly over chocolate mud cake. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- All the ingredients for chocolate topping place into heat resistant bowl.
- Melt over pot with simmering water or in the microwave. After that, stir well until combined. Set aside until cooled completely.
- Pour over chocolate mousse filling. To make it smooth, take the pan in your hands and turn it around so chocolate will spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.