Full of lemon flavour, moist and fluffy bundt cake topped with some lemon glaze.
First of all, let me explain what actually bundt cake is ? It is any flavoured cake baked in bundt pan. There are many sizes, shapes and designs of it. Starting from simple ones, like the one i used for this recipe, to the ones more spectacular. For me, they all look beautiful and stunning. They are easy to prepare, but the challenge is to prepare the pan correctly! If you don’t do it well, the cake will get stick to the pan, and there is noting you can do to save if from tearing.
How to prepare bundt pan
Using your hands, grease the pan with butter. Make sure that all nooks, crannies and center tube is well covered with absolutely no gaps. You can also use melted butter and pastry brush but it is not necessary. Sprinkle with about 1 tbsp of flour. Shake the pan so that the flour covers the entire inside. Shake out the excess flour. If you are making a chocolate bundt cake, you can sprinkle the pan with cocoa powder instead of flour.
How to remove cake from bundt pan
When the cake is baked, take it out of the oven and let cool for about 20 minutes. Using your hands, gently pull the sides away from the pan. Place cooling platter on the top and quickly turn it around. Let it cool for another 10 minutes. After this, gently remove the bundt pan. It should come out cleanly.
PS: If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram as @myfoodaycom and use the #myfooday hashtag. It makes me so happy to see you preparing my recipes!
Check Out My Other Cake Recipes:
- Chocolate Babka
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
- No Bake Yogurt Cake
- Twix Tart
- Rhubarb Cake With Orange
- Oreo Cheesecake Brownies
- Chocolate Mousse
Lemon Bundt Cake
- Electric mixer
- 250 g plain flour + 1 tbsp
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- 250 g soft butter
- 150 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- whole lemon zest
- whole lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 100 g caster sugar
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another big bowl cream together soft butter with sugar for about 5 minutes. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, beating after each one. Set aside.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium, beat egg whites until stiff.
- To the butter mixture add in lemon zest then add alternately flour mixture with lemon juice. Stir well using spatula after each addiction.
- Gently combine beaten eggs with the batter. Grease baking pan with butter, sprinkle with flour.
- Transfer the batter into prepared baking pan. Bake in preheated oven at 180 C for 30 – 35 minutes until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick comes out mostly clean with only a couple moist crumbs.
- Remove from the oven, let cool completely. Cut off the top of the cake if needed. Turn the cake over on a cake platter.
- Combine caster sugar with 2 tbsp of lemon juice. Pour the glaze over cake and let dry before serving.