Classic peanut butter cookies with crispy edges and chewy middles. One bowl with simple ingredients!
If you love peanut butter, these cookies will easily become your favourite snack recipe. With only few simple ingredients, you can make the best homemade cookies that are so delicious.
I have always loved peanut butter, and I am very careful when it comes to choosing the right peanut butter in the store. Many peanut butters contain unhealthy ingredients that may cause harmful effect on the body.
I recommend using 100 % natural peanut butter for this recipe and not only. For many people natural peanut butter may not be as tasty as the one with added sugar and vegetable oils. To reduce the risk of heart attack and many others diseases it is so important to avoid unhealthy products!
Making The Dough
Start by placing flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Stir to combine. In another big bowl, place soft butter. It is so important, to take out butter from the fridge, at least 2 hours before making these cookies. Otherwise it will be hard to mix it with other ingredients.
Butter cream with white and brown sugar just until well combined. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until light and fluffy. In two addictions add in flour, beating well after each. Once the dough is ready, you can scoop it out and line in on baking try lined with baking paper. Using your hands shape the dough into a ball. If the dough is too sticky you can make your hands a bit wet, it will help a lot.
PS: If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram as @myfoodaycom and use the #myfooday hashtag. It makes me so happy to see you preparing my recipes!
Check My Other Cookies Recipes
Peanut Butter Cookies
- Electric mixer
- 90 g flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 90 g butter
- 55 g white sugar
- 50 g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 90 g peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl cream together butter, white sugar and brown sugar until combined.
- Mix in egg, peanut butter and vanilla paste. Add in flour mixture in two addictions mixing well after each.
- Scoop dough out then place on baking tray lined with baking paper,. Using hands shape into balls.
- Using fork, flatten cookies slightly then turn fork going opposite direction and flatten slightly again to create criss cross pattern.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170°C about 7 minutes or until sides are lightly golden.
- Allow to cool.