Chocolate bottom made of dates filled with cherry cream. There is nothing more delicious than this chocolate cherry tart, especially during summer time. This tart is perfect as a breakfast on a hot summer day but not only. There are many occasions that you can serve this chocolate cherry tart. It just taste amazing and i’m sure it will not last long at your home !
How To Make Crust
Firstly, to make bottom of this tart, soak pitted dates in a hot water. It’s so important to use pitted dates, you will save so much time. Make sure to drain any excess water off the dates. Secondly, place dates and the rest of crust ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process until you obtain sticky mixture. Then spread it evenly over tart pan.
How To Make Filling
Filling of this tart is basically made of fruits. You will need 200 g of mango and 300 g of any fruit of your choice. Personally, I love to prepare these tart with cherries! It is so refreshing and just perfect for a hot summer day. Firstly you will have to cook fruits in a small sauce pan for about 20 minutes. Don’t forget to stir it from time to time, otherwise it will get stuck to the bottom of your sauce pan. After that, take it of from the heat and let it cool for another 20 minutes. After that blend until nice and smooth consistency. Put it back on the heat and pour coconut milk and agave syrup. Stir to combine, then add in agar-agar and let cool for about 2 minutes. At this point, it’s very important to follow the instruction on the packet of your agar-agar. Then you only have to cool it for about 20 minutes and our over chocolate bottom.
PS: If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram as @myfoodaycom and use the #myfooday hashtag. It makes me so happy to see you preparing my recipes!
Check My Other Healthy Recipes:
Healthy Chocolate- Cherry Cake
- food processor
- 300 g dates
- 150 g oats
- 4 tbsp cocoa
- 300 g cherries or any other
- 200 g mango
- 4 tbsp agave syrup or honey
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp agar-agar
- Pitted dates place in a large bowl. Use enough hot water just to cover the dates. Soak for at least an hour.
- Drain any excess water off the dates. Place in a food processor, process until smooth. Transfer dates mixture from the food processor to a bowl.
- Add in oat flour and cacao, stir until well combined. Spread dates mixture evenly over bottom and sides of 28 cm tart pan. Refrigerate until filling is done.
- In a small sauce pan cook cherries with mango for about 20 minutes stirring from time to time. Take it off the heat, cool 15 minutes and blend using hand mixer then put it back on the heat. Pour coconut milk and agave syrup, stir until well combined.
- Add in agar-agar and let it cook for over 2 minutes (follow the instruction of the packet of agar-agar).
- Cool 20 minutes then pour the filling over dates crust. Set aside for at least 3 hours.