Simple, chocolate cupcakes filled with Ferrero Rocher pralines and butter cream frosting. Perfect as a snack or to take to work as a second breakfast.
Personally, i don’t know anybody who doesn’t like these delicious Ferrero Rocher balls. So I thought it would be a great combination to prepare them witch chocolate cupcakes! However, if you wanna skip using Ferrero Rocher pralines, there is no need to add them. You can just make chocolate cupcakes using this recipe!
How To Make Cupcakes
Firstly, melt chocolate over simmering water or in the microwave. I advice you to use for this recipe dark chocolate with at least 72% of cocoa. Then all you have to do, is to add the rest of the ingredients of the cupcake dough and stir very well until combined. For better results, use natural cocoa powder.
To prepare the cream you will need soft butter. Beat it until light and fluffy. Add in caster sugar and cocoa, then beat again until well combined. Pour in melted and cooled dark chocolate and beat for about one minute. After that, place in in the fridge for at least 5 minutes to set before decorating cupcakes. Using any tip of your choice, pip butter cream on the cupcakes. Decorate with some Ferrero Rocher pralines if you like.
PS: If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram as @myfoodaycom and use the #myfooday hashtag. It makes me so happy to see you preparing my recipes!
Check My Other Ferrero Rocher Recipes
Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes
- cupcake pan
- cupcake liners
- 60 g dark chocolate
- 35 g butter
- 80 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 100 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 3 tbsp milk
- 50 g ground hazelnuts
- + 8 pieces Ferrero Rocher
- 100 g butter
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- ½ tbsp cocoa
- 25 g melted chocolate
- In a heat proof bowl place dark chocolate. Place the bowl over a saucepan with simmering water, over low heat, until all the chocolate is melted.
- Add in melted butter, sugar, egg then stir using whisk until combined.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda and cacao. Stir to combine.
- Add in milk and ground hazelnut, stir again just until smooth.
- Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Add about 1 tbsp of the batter into caste, pop a Ferrero Rocher on the top and push it in slightly. Cover with another tbsp of the batter.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter. Bake in preheated oven at 180 ° 15 minutes.
- Beat butter until smooth. Sift in caster sugar and cacao, beat just to combine. Add in melted dark chocolate and beat for about a minute.
- Set the frosting in the fridge for few minutes to set. Using tip, pop buttercream on cooled cupcakes.