Light and fluffy pancakes with homemade chia blueberry jam. There is nothing better for Saturday morning breakfast than these pancakes. I use this recipe since many years now so i wanted to share it with you. These pancakes with chia blueberry jam are one of the best ones that i have ever eaten.
Pancakes With Chia Blueberry Jam – Basic Ingredients
There are only few simple ingredients that you need to make these pancakes. I like to eat pancakes with jam so I decided to make my own jam that will be a little bit healthier than the one from markets. I used blueberries, however you can use any other fruits that you would like, such as strawberries, cherries, peaches or plums.
How To Make Jam At Home
To make jam, place blueberries and sugar in a small sauce pan. Cook water and chia seeds for about 10 minutes on a low heat. Be sure to stir it from time to time, otherwise it will get stuck to the bottom of your pan. Feel free to use other fruits if you like.
PS: If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram as @myfoodaycom and use the #myfooday hashtag. It makes me so happy to see you preparing my recipes!
Check My Other Pancakes Recipes
Pancakes With Chia Blueberry Jam
- no equipment required
- 100 g blueberries
- 100 ml water
- 5 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup flour
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a small sauce pan cook blueberries with sugar, water and chia seeds for about 10 minutes on a low heat, stirring from time to time.
- Flour sift through the sieve. Add in baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl beat the egg using scutcher. Gradually add milk and melted coconut oil meanwhile beating.
- Pour milk mixture to the dry ingredients then stir.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and coat generously with oil.
- For each pancake, spoon 2 tablespoons of batter onto skillet. Cook until the surface of pancakes have some bubbles. Flip carefully and cook until brown on the underside.