Crunchy double decker Pavlova with soft and creamy middle. Served with whipped filling and some fresh fruits of your choice.This double decker Pavlova was named after Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova. She was making a tour in Australia and New Zealand. All we know, is that this cake was made in one of these countries during her visit.
How To Make Pavlova
Pavlova is a combination of egg whites, sugar and a bit of flour. It has to be whipped until stiff peaks. Remember to whip eggs at a room temperature, starting with a low speed and slowly increase it. When they reach soft peak consistency, you can start adding sugar part by part. Beat until sugar is completely dissolved. You know it’s ready when you rub it between two fingers and you don’t feel any sugar granules.
Baking temperature is very important. When you place cake in the oven over 180°C, bake it just for 5 minutes. Otherwise, it may brown and break the cake. After 5 minutes, reduce the heat to 100 ° C and bake for 2 hours and 20 minutes. Don’t forget that you should not open doors while it’s still baking. When it’s done, turn off the oven and let it cool down inside. After 30 minutes, open the oven doors ale leave to cook completely.
How To Decorate Double Decker Pavlova
For the decoration you can use any fruits of you choice. For example you can substitute blueberries with some strawberries If you like. If you don’t want to use any fruits you can just simple sprinkle it with some chopped or grated chocolate.
PS: If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram as @myfoodaycom and use the #myfooday hashtag. It makes me so happy to see you preparing my recipes!
Check My Other Cakes Recipes :
Double Decker Pavlova
- Electric mixer
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 200 ml whipping cream 30 %
- 125 g Mascarpone cheese
- fruits of your choice
- Egg whites whip until stiff peaks foam. Gradually add in one tbsp of sugar at at time, beat until stiff shiny foam.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper then put a 20 cm plate on the paper. Draw a line around the plate and do the same on the other paper. Turn over the paper and put it back on the tray. Take the egg whites and spread them inside the two circles evenly.
- Bake 5 minutes in preheated oven at 180° C then reduce the heat to 100 ° C and bake 2 hours 20 minutes. Turn off the oven and let it cool for 2 hours.
- Whipping cream beat until fluffy. Add in Mascarpone cheese one tbsp at a time, beat until well combined. Set aside.
- Cooled pavlova place on a serving platter or plate. Top with half of the whipping cream and fresh fruits. Place the second round on the top and cover with the rest of whipping cream and fresh fruits.