Simple coconut macaroons recipe, made just with four ingredients! These coconut cookies are perfect as a snack while watching a movie.
Homemade Coconut Macaroons
This coconut macaroons comes together in less than 10 minutes. You only have to beat egg whites until stiff peaks and add the rest of the ingredients. They have an amazing coconut flavor, topped with some chocolate souse and desiccated coconut.
To make the ball shape, you can use tablespoon or an ice cream spoon. Personally, I prefer to use ice cream spoon to scoop the mixture.
PS: If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram as @myfoodaycom and use the #myfooday hashtag. It makes me so happy to see you preparing my recipes!
Check My Other Cookies Recipes
- Electric mixer
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp butter
- Egg whites beat until foamy. Add in powdered sugar one spoon at a time and mix until stiff peaks form.
- In a bow or a plate place desiccated coconut. In a small sauce pan melt butter over low heat. Pour butter to desiccated coconut and combine.
- Add the coconut mixture to the eggs whites and fold until combined.
- Using a ice cream scoop or two spoons, form a heaping tablespoons of the mixture into mounds and place onto prepared baking paper.
- Bake at 170° C 15-17 minutes in preheated oven until lightly brown. Allow to cook about 20 minutes.
- Decorate with chocolate sauce and desiccated coconut (optional).